Let’s face it, best practices are good for any product but when Microsoft puts together a complete Resource Center for Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007 best practices that’s awesome. Check out this Best Practice Resource Center for MOSS 2007. There are lots of great suggestions. Here are just a few examples.
1. Deploy 64-bit architecture across the farm.
2. Plan and allocate database servers to support collaboration.
3. Monitor sites and content and perform clean-ups regularly.
4. Enforce site and content size limits.
5. Plan for capacity plus one for front-end Web servers.
6. Set application pool recycling settings for better availability.
7. Manage security and permissions.
8. Test custom code and customizations.
9. Watch out for network latency.
10. Teach end-users how to get the most out of the tools.
11. Comply with operational excellence best practices and have a governance policy.
For details on these above topics click here.
For additional best practices, follow the links below.
Copyright ©2002-2013 Zubair Alexander. All rights reserved.
|« Aug||Oct »|
26 queries. 0.475 seconds