Dreamweaver 8 was released more than a year before Windows Vista became publicly available and does not officially support this new operating system. However, Dreamweaver 8 runs fine for the majority of users running Windows Vista. The next version of Dreamweaver, expected to be released in Spring 2007, will be certified to run on Vista.
Check out the following TechNotes from Adobe for your particular situation.
– Dreamweaver 8 crashes on some Vista systems while browsing for files (TechNote kb400788)
– Vista help system stops working when Dreamweaver is the default XML editor (TechNote kb400789). Microsoft has also published a KB article on this topic called The Help and Support feature stops working when Dreamweaver is configured as the default XML editor on a Windows Vista-based computer. Click here to read Microsoft’s KB article 937491.
– Control-Alt-Tab keyboard shortcut change in Windows Vista (TechNote 8718ad77)
For more details, check out the TechNote Dreamweaver 8 issues on Windows Vista. For more information on Adobe product support in general for Vista, see the PDF document How Adobe Products Support Vista.
Have you received the following error when you try to run Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Standard or Professional in a terminal server or remote desktop session?
“An error has been detected with a required application library and the product cannot continue. Please reinstall the application.”
If you have, Adobe has posted a TechNote that explains the reason why.
When you start Adobe Acrobat 7.0 within a Citrix or Windows Terminal Services remote session, you receive the error message “An error has been detected with required application library and the product cannot continue. Please reinstall the application.” Then Acrobat quits.
– You have installed a retail or trial version of Acrobat 7.0 Standard or Professional on the application server that requires activation in order to launch.
– Acrobat launches without error on the application server.
Solution: Purchase a volume license for Acrobat.
In order to use Acrobat 7.0 Standard or Professional on an application server, you must purchase a volume license based on the number of users your environment plans to support. For more information about purchasing a volume license through the Adobe Open Options program, see the Adobe website at www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/openoptions/ .
The retail and trial versions of Acrobat 7.0 do not allow multiple users to run the application at any given time, such as when they are hosted on an application server running Citrix or Windows Terminal Services remote sessions.
Copyright © 2013 Zubair Alexander. All rights reserved.
|« Jun||Aug »|
24 queries. 1.721 seconds