Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) Beta 2 is now available for download. According to Microsoft, with IE8 you can:
- Use Accelerators to start mapping, translating, emailing, and more in just a few mouse clicks.
- Add a Web Slice and you won’t have to go back to the same website again and again for updates on news, stock quotes, online auctions, weather, or even sports scores.
- Browse the web without saving your history with Internet Explorer 8’s InPrivate Browsing.
- Search smarter with detailed Search Suggestions from your favorite search providers while you type.
- The new SmartScreen Filter helps to protect you against deceptive and malicious Web sites which can compromise your data, privacy and identity.
- Web Slices
- IE8 is available in 25 languages
- InPrivate™ Browsing
- InPrivate Blocking
- SmartScreen® Filter.
- Performance improvements.
- Enhanced “Find on this Page
- Redesigned “New Tab” Page
- Enhanced Address Bar
- Enhanced Tabbed Browsing
- Enhanced Instant Search Box
- Performance and memory improvements
- New Compatibility View
- New architecture
- More control
IE8 resources and links:
- Internet Explorer Team Blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/ie
- Evaluator’s Guide
- IE8 Beta Public Newsgroup
- IT Professionals http://technet.microsoft.com/ie (Internet Explorer TechCenter)
- Developers http://msdn.microsoft.com/ie
- Other Users www.microsoft.com/ie8
- IE8 InPrivate Guidance
- How to uninstall Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 (more information in the release notes at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949787)
The IE8 Beta 2 is available for download here.