Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) Beta 2 is now available for download. According to Microsoft, with IE8 you can:
– Use Accelerators to start mapping, translating, emailing, and more in just a few mouse clicks.
– Add a Web Slice and you won’t have to go back to the same website again and again for updates on news, stock quotes, online auctions, weather, or even sports scores.
– Browse the web without saving your history with Internet Explorer 8’s InPrivate Browsing.
– Search smarter with detailed Search Suggestions from your favorite search providers while you type.
– The new SmartScreen Filter helps to protect you against deceptive and malicious Web sites which can compromise your data, privacy and identity.
– Web Slices
– IE8 is available in 25 languages
– InPrivate™ Browsing
– InPrivate Blocking
– SmartScreen® Filter.
– Performance improvements.
– Enhanced “Find on this Page
– Redesigned “New Tab” Page
– Enhanced Address Bar
– Enhanced Tabbed Browsing
– Enhanced Instant Search Box
– Performance and memory improvements
– New Compatibility View
– New architecture
– More control
IE8 resources and links:
– Internet Explorer Team Blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/ie
– Evaluator’s Guide
– IE8 Beta Public Newsgroup
– IT Professionals http://technet.microsoft.com/ie (Internet Explorer TechCenter)
– Developers http://msdn.microsoft.com/ie
– Other Users www.microsoft.com/ie8
– IE8 InPrivate Guidance
– How to uninstall Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 (more information in the release notes at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949787)
The IE8 Beta 2 is available for download here.