As you may know, Microsoft doesn’t support upgrading Windows 7 Beta to Windows 7 RC and most likely it won’t support upgrading of Windows 7 RC to Windows 7 final version. It is, however, possible to upgrade the beta version to RC.
To upgrade Windows 7 Beta to Windows 7 RC, follow the procedure described below.
- Copy the source files from Windows 7 RC CD to your local hard drive on your Windows 7 Beta computer.
- Go to the folder where you just copied Windows 7 files.
- In the Sources folder you will see a file called cversion.ini.
- Double-click the cversion.ini file to Open it in Notepad, or use any other text editor.
- The cversion.ini contains the following entries:
Change the first entry (MinClient) 7077 to 7000 so that both the entries will have the same value, as shown below.
If the version has a different value, do the same thing (e.g. change it from 7100 to 7000).
- Save the cversion file in it’s original location (i.e. “Source” folder).
- Run the setup from within Windows 7 Beta. The setup program will use the new value from the cversion.ini file and you should be able to upgrade your Windows 7 Beta to Windows 7 RC.
When the final version of Windows 7 is released, you might want to try the same technique and upgrade from Windows RC to Windows 7 final version.
Copyright ©2002-2013 Zubair Alexander. All rights reserved.
29 queries. 0.493 seconds